Personal development may be a lifelong process. It's how people assess their skills and qualities, consider their aims in life and set goals so as to understand and maximise their potential.
There are several ideas surrounding the concept of personal development, one among which is Abraham Maslow's proposed process of self-actualisation.
Maslow states that each and every individual has an inherent need for personal development which happens through a process known as self-actualisation.
1. Developing a private Vision -Personal development can simply be for fun. Most folks, however, find it easier to motivate themselves to find out and improve if they have a purpose in doing so. Developing your personal vision (a transparent idea of where you would like to be during a few months or years, and why) may be a crucial part of developing this purpose.
2. Planning Your Personal Development - Once you're clear about where you would like to be, you'll start planning the way to get there. Drawing up a private development plan isn't essential, but it does make the design process more realistic.
3. Starting the development Process - There are variety of various ways during which you'll learn and develop. One among these include formal courses or learning opportunities, whether resulting in qualifications or not. More informal learning experiences are like reading and mentoring.
4. Recording Your Personal Development - it's often an honest idea to track your personal development. By writing down key developments in your learning and development as and once they occur, you'll be ready to reflect on your successes at a later date.
5. Reviewing and Revising Personal Development Plans - For simpler learning, it's important to reflect on your experience, and consider what you've got to learn from it. Regular review of your personal development plans, and your development activities, will make sure that you learn from what you've done. It'll also make sure that your activities still move you towards your goals, while your goals or vision remain relevant to you.